Friday, February 6, 2009

Somebody Stop Me!

Alright It's time to admit that I have issues! Why can't I decide on one project and get it finished before moving onto the next one? Right now I'm buying stuff to start on our Master Bedroom , I still have touch ups to do in the kitchen, living room and dining room, I have a bench that I'm in the middle of recovering (that's a whole different story), then today I buy stuff to work on the bathroom. I don't know where to start. When we bought this house every room was covered in the ugliest wallpaper. We closed on the house a week before we were going to move in, so in my naivete I thought I could rip off all the wallpaper and get it all painted before we moved in, while taking care of an 11 month old. Needless to say it didn't get finished and two years later I'm still ripping off wallpaper. I need to make a decision...Master Bedroom or Bathroom. I think I'll take a break from the bedroom and stick to the bathroom now. I think it's the "easiest" project (nothing in this house is ever easy). Another reason I'm thinking the bathroom is next is because I'm really excited about the locker basket I bought. It's going to sit nicely on shelving (that was purchased today) holding extra toilet paper. I've had the new toilet paper holder, towel bar and towel ring for probably almost 2 years. The new faucet that is yet to be installed I bought this summer. Just need a gallon of paint and wallpaper stripper and I'll be all set. I think I'll tell my husband to set up an intervention if I stray from the plan. Check back "soon" for finished bathroom photos.

2 comments:

  1. I can't comment as I'm guilty of doing the same thing...for that matter, so is my husband. We have SO many projects going on at the same time!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I am the same way. I'm trying to make myself do one thing at the time...of course I'm getting into moving stuff all around my house, so my ADD is stopping me from even starting because I don't want to live in the limbo of every room being chaos! I also feel guilty working on cosmetic stuff when my sink is full of dishes and the floor needs to be swept and mopped...

    Keep us posted on the progress!

    ReplyDelete